Join now - be part of our community!

Very Slow processing, what happen?

Mrsean
Visitor

Very Slow processing, what happen?

I just gave up my xperia z5 to upgrade but im very disappointed. Once i open multiple apps, it starts to get slow even scrolling fb. What should I do? Use this only for call and text? 

Im thinking of changing brands now, ive been a fan of xperia from z1 now to xz but this time, i think they were focused the outside looks rather than the inside. 

53 REPLIES 53
WicKeD96
Visitor

Yes same problem here on my XZ Dualsim 64gb. Camera is pretty much unusable. Phone is lagging like crazy since last update. 

This is 100% a problem with the last sony update and the developers need to acknowlege and react to this asap.

Sometimes the phone is unusable its that bad.

NSeregin
Visitor

Dear developers, is somebody going to answer us, all the users that faced such un issue? Is there any progress with it?? 

What further steps should we take to get our (and your as well) problem? 

Thanks in advance. 

PAULXZ
Visitor

I Have been using Sony Xperia smartphones since 2012. I started with Xperia S, then had Xperia Z3, and now have had Xperia XZ since March 2017. It has been a five-year experience with these phones which tought me the following lesson: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, ACCEPT ANY SYSTEM UPDATES WHATSOEVER. I mean the Android system updates - they are the real reason for these phones becoming really slow and almost unusable after having them for a couple of years. My Xperia S is basically a dead brick since getting it through system upgrades to its latest one. My Xperia Z3 got accidentally physically damaged after having it for 2 years, so it had not reached the point of system-upgrade death yet. The bottom line principle of these updates is the fact that those new versions of the operating systems have not been designed for the existing hardware you have. The new versions of the OSs are the ones they are installing on the newer types of phones in the factories. Do you all remember when you had bought an brand new phone how fast it was? It is because it had the version of Android designed for that particular hardware, so it ran great. Any subsequent system updates will eventually over time make your phone so slow it will make you buy a new one. This is a tactic of all companies today, it is called the "planned obsolescence". Ideally, the companies would love you to buy a phone today, through it into the trashcan the next day, and to buy a new one on the third day, and so on. That way the super-rich top owners of the companies would become even super-richer more quickly. The entire economic system of today will eventually collapse because it will become unsustainable - one cannot indefinitely make newer things to replace the old ones. It is the same with the personal computers - you cannot run Windows 10 in 2017 on a machine designed for Windows XP in 2004. Today, in 2017, I run Windows XP x64 on a Packard Bell PC designed for Windows 7 in 2010, and it is faster than any new computer today I've seen so far. But it is because I had spent 13 years of taming the Windows XP OS into my liking and not everybody can do that. This Xperia XZ will also be my last smartphone. I performed only 3 system updates since April 2017, the last one on July 1st. It wants me to update again today, but I am drawing the line today - no more system uprades from today. That is the only way to keep your phone fast and healthy. In addition, do not use too many apps from the Google Play either, that will render your phone slow as well. From now on, I am refusing to use my smartphone for watching movies (I got my Toshiba Blu-ray player and a 40" TV for that), and I am refusing to use my smartphone to listen to the music (I got my Marantz SACD Player & Marantz 5.1 AV Receiver & Wharfedale Diamond speakers for that), and I also start refusing to use the smartphone for Internet browsing (I got my PC for that). Conclusion: do not upgrade your new phone's operating system, keep the original one it came with when bought new, and you won't be wasting your time on this forum trying to find an answer which I am giving you now. Good Luck. Paul

Makzein
Visitor

Exactlyyy.. No reply from your side Sony!!! 

UGLYDOLL
Visitor

Perhaps this is why US version of XZ has not yet been sent the latest version... they are weeks behind when they are typically early. Perhaps they are aware of issues. 

I must say though, all of my Japanese DoCoMo XZ models are running super fast.

NSeregin
Visitor

@UglyD wrote:

Perhaps this is why US version of XZ has not yet been sent the latest version... they are weeks behind when they are typically early. Perhaps they are aware of issues. 

I must say though, all of my Japanese DoCoMo XZ models are running super fast.

Can  you please tell the version of soft on those Japanese cells? 

xznewbie
Contributor

Guys, Have you noticed that in the latest Sony XZ phone (XZ premium and xzs), there is no problem associated with RAM capacity, that we encountered here . our Xz had 3G of RAM vs 4G for the latest xzs.  IF Sony can't resolve our problem, we should request an upgrade to the xzs for free(as they are almost the same , and with slight additional charges if we opt for  premium version. I think it's a FAIR  deal as hardware problem (lack Of  RAM) can only be resolved in that way only replacement of problematic unit with a better one from their stock.  This s RAM problem already existed for a long time and Sony is helpless about it. It's time they do concrete action to retain the respect of their devoted customers. 

PAULXZ
Visitor

"we should request an upgrade to the xzs for free(as they are almost the same , and with slight additional charges if we opt for  premium version."

Yeah! I with you on that one! We should all request an uprade to XZs Premium, for free! Sony has been ripping our pockets for a while now, it's their their time to pay!

DarkEyE
Visitor

Someone tryed to deinstall and deactivate Facebook app? 

Had this once already and it helped. 😉 

WicKeD96
Visitor

Yes that was me. It has fixed my phone