Join now - be part of our community!

Very Slow processing, what happen?

Mrsean
Visitor

Very Slow processing, what happen?

I just gave up my xperia z5 to upgrade but im very disappointed. Once i open multiple apps, it starts to get slow even scrolling fb. What should I do? Use this only for call and text? 

Im thinking of changing brands now, ive been a fan of xperia from z1 now to xz but this time, i think they were focused the outside looks rather than the inside. 

53 REPLIES 53
K73ll14
Visitor

Same issue. My phone slows down to a point that it is unusable. Then I restart it and it works great for 2-3 hours before slowing down again. Hope Sony can sort this out. This is my first Sony phone and it is only 3 months old. Very disappointed. 

billycoy
Visitor

Same symptoms here. It's heating a lot, then lags. I even uninstalled some apps and did a factory reset, but I'm still getting the same symptoms. 

I turned off background data of Play Services and Smart Cleaner. It seems to be working now, but I ain't using my phone a lot yet. So I dunno yet.

I really hope they can patch this immediately because it's very frustrating even if I love my XZ.

xznewbie
Contributor

I have the same experience, uninstalled power draining app like Facebook, the phone becomes slow responding even after uninstalling seldom used apps. I am not playing any games on my unit.. 

mildimdim
Visitor

Same problem here. High RAM usage, very slow, hangs a lot and drains the battery much faster. 

Frequent restarts needed, but since it's the OS draining the phone, it only helps for a little bit than RAM goes up again. 

Enabled advanced logging on mine. Hopefully Sony will pick it up soon. 

Alterran
Visitor

Same here. Before the update everything was fine. Android OS is keeping the cpu cores on 100% and the ram on very high usage. So its a software issue. Hope theyll patch it soon.

Incubus
Visitor

The phone is unrealistically slow. I've been a big fan of Xperia since the original Z, Z2 and Z5. The XZ is unrealistically and disappointingly slow even though it is operating on the flagship SD820. 

I'm hoping for the patch to be released soon to fix all these issues. 

Makzein
Visitor

Me toooo same problem for 3 days i can't ever accept calls... It took me an hour to register and write this! High tempreture.. Very very slow even with no apps in the background . All apps are just not responding. I tried to delete almost everything but still the sameeee!!!!! I just bought this phone 4 months ago.. Can't believe it! 

Makzein
Visitor

Yessss just days ago everything was fineeee

NSeregin
Visitor

@Nofal wrote:

Hey guys my xperia xz is running very slow through scrolling, texting, phone logs, opening applications basically every thing but whe i restarts it works good for a while then starts to be slow again, any help pls

Same thing happened!!! I suppose it started happening after update 7.1.1

Developers - please react! 

I performed hard reset or system recover through windows app 3 times, it didn't help!  

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@NSeregin

I've edited your post as it has profanity, which is against the forum guidelines.