Join now - be part of our community!

Very Slow processing, what happen?

Mrsean
Visitor

Very Slow processing, what happen?

I just gave up my xperia z5 to upgrade but im very disappointed. Once i open multiple apps, it starts to get slow even scrolling fb. What should I do? Use this only for call and text? 

Im thinking of changing brands now, ive been a fan of xperia from z1 now to xz but this time, i think they were focused the outside looks rather than the inside. 

53 REPLIES 53
Alby81
Visitor

Restarted my phone 5 minutes ago after switching off my Google feed...... so far so good. Thanks UglyD

@UglyD wrote:

A fix has been identified, turn off the feed in Google Now and turn off Google Assistant until there is a fix. 

But also keep in mind updates do worse for Xperia devices than they do better, historically speaking. 

UGLYDOLL
Visitor

Happy to hear. 

My Japan and USA models have excellent yet to go past 7.0 but I still disabled Google assistant and XZ flies with excellent memory management and is super fluid, all versions. 

ikramkhasim
Visitor

Switching off Google Assistant and the Google Now feed did not work for me. Still no difference after the usual restart. Phone behaves okay for a day then goes haywire again. 

Alterran
Visitor

Just updated to build number 41.2.A.7.35 and RAM load has gone down significantly. So far so good. Everything smooth again. 

Agano
Visitor

I have the dual sim version... since a quite long time I am suffering from unbearable lags... I am not sure, which update caused that and for now I am on the latest "41.2.A.7.35".. my symptoms are as follows:

- high RAM usage.
- phone becomes laggy so I know who is calling in couple of seconds after ringing
- switching between apps became impossible (like between GPS and phone call)
- sometimes I open it and I see the applications icons on the screen are refreshing like if I have just restarted the phone.
- i do 4 to 5 restarts per day to make the phone functioning but this is very annoying.

I just disabled googles feed 5 minutes ago and I don't know the result yet.

TheGambi
Visitor

Deactivated Google feed

After 1 day System is using 1.6 GB of RAM

A bit better but still lags with Chrome and Facebook

Duypham
Visitor

The same problem. RAM usage increases constantly to 2.7GB. I have to reset my XZ twice per day. 

nguyentiendat71
Visitor

@Nofal wrote:

Hey guys my xperia xz is running very slow through scrolling, texting, phone logs, opening applications basically every thing but whe i restarts it works good for a while then starts to be slow again, any help pls

Same here.

I have to restart my XZ each 2-3 days.

Updated to latest build for July 2017.

What I can do next ? 

elsayyid
Visitor

I've noticed as well that my XZ started to lag after installing the July security updates. Maybe it has something to do with that? Hopefully Sony fixes this in an upcoming update.

Chupa
Visitor

Same to me also, temperature will increase if open too many apps, then it will start hang, and i need to restart the phone to make it normal, and also after charge the performance will be slow, need to restart again.. how did this phone recognize as sony 2016 flagship still confuse