Join now - be part of our community!

Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

Meshach
Visitor

Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

Phone has not been near water yet tells me moisture has been detected then pauses my music. Ideas? Thank you in advance 

26 REPLIES 26
anishmajoseph
Visitor

I don't know if there's any alternative to this I had to buy bluetooth headphones and now currently using that. It's a bummer that SONY decides to scrap the headphone jack and give a faulty adapter in place of that. 

Jonas
Master

Hi @anishmajoseph,

If the adapter isn't working correctly, it needs to be replaced and your Local support team will assist you further with having it replaced.

I understand that you are now using a Bluetooth headset, but it can still be good to have a working adapter in case you forget to charge the headset and you need to use a wired one temporarily.

I hope that helps!

Etebazile
Visitor

Thank you!!! 

Jonas
Master

@Etebazile, you're very welcome! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let me know if there is anything else and have a nice day!

Pinkcow95
Visitor

My Sony XZ2 has the same issue. I have tried using a different adapter but still this issue occurs.

Please help, this is very very frustrating

Jonas
Master

Hi @Pinkcow95, sorry to hear that.

In most cases it is the adapter acting up, or do you receive this message when you are charging the device as well?

If it only shows up when using the adapter, get in touch with your Local support team (tap the link below > Sony Mobile and choose your country in the drop down list) and they will assist you further with having the adapter(s) replaced.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/ 

Pinkcow95
Visitor

No, I only receive this message when the adapter is connected.