Join now - be part of our community!

Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

Meshach
Visitor

Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

Phone has not been near water yet tells me moisture has been detected then pauses my music. Ideas? Thank you in advance 

26 REPLIES 26
NeilWildy
Visitor

Hi, I have a new XZ2 and this 'moisture' issue has blocked the USB autodetect and I cannot find a way of resolving it.   THere is no moisture in it and never has been

So, I can't use OTG and can't conenct it to a  PC/Laptop to browse.

I can charge and I can use teh headphones.

Hope Sony can advise on the USB autodetect issue.

Thanks

Andrew291
Visitor

When I have my headphones in a message keeps popping up causing my music to stop saying the USB port has water in it. I'm sure it doesn't have water in it but this keeps happening so I can't play music. Is it the headphone jack thing that's broke or the phone?? 

Yash_inani
Visitor

Istg this is happening to my phone too

Sivasaianirudh
Visitor

This looks a bit odd..., Sony need to respond with some solutions

Jonas
Master

Hello everyone and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

@Meshach, does this only occur when using a wired headset and the included adapter, or is it the same when playing music through the speakers of your device?

If it only occurs when using the adapter and if you have the possibility, please try with a different adapter and see if you experience the same behaviour.

@Aldreth, when you see this pop-up message about moisture detected, is any accessory connected to the USB port, for example, a charger or a wired headset?

@anishmajoseph, did you manage to sort this out with a new adapter?

@Ellie85, thank you so much for this information.

If the included adapter is still not working correctly, I would recommend that you get in touch with a local service centre so they replace the adapter. If you don't know if there are any local service centres in your area, get in touch with your Local support team and they will assist you further.

@NeilWildy, could you try and connect the accessory that you are using together with the OTG adapter and then restart your device while it's still connected and see if there is any change?

@Andrew291, do you have another adapter at hand that you can try and connect to your device, or if one of your friends, family members or colleagues have one that you can connect to your device and see if you experience the same behaviour, that would be great.

@Yash_inani, when does this occur for you, is it when an accessory is connected to the USB port on your device, for example you are using a wired headset and the included adapter? Please do elaborate!

@Anirudh30981, do you experience the same behaviour? If you do, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you.

Caven85
Visitor

Hi there, I have recently had the same issue on my xz2. It occurred when my phone was charging. Unfortunately I didn't notice this in time and as a result my phone battery drained. I have been unable to recharge my phone and now have a brick instead of a phone is there any way that this can be resolved? My phone is less than 12 months old and I do not know where I stand getting it replaced or repaired. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Caven85, sorry to hear about your device not charging. Slightly_frowning_Face

To start with, try holding the power button and volume up pressed at the same time for 10 seconds and then connect the device to a charger and charge it until you see the battery icon on the screen.

If that does not help, try just holding down the power button for 2 minutes > connect the device to a charger > charge it until you see a battery icon on the screen.

For repair cases, warranty and so on, please get in touch with your Local support team as this is a Global user based forum and the terms and routines varies between markets.

Let me know how it goes!

Stephen82
Visitor

I have the exact same problem. I bought a sandisk ultra dual usb drive 3.0 128gb so I could plug straight into phone but it only appears on my computer not the phone. 

Etebazile
Visitor

Saaamee!!

I seriously hate this. What am i supposed to do?!?!

I'm annoyed. Please do something abot this.

!

Jonas
Master

Hi @Etebazile, sorry to hear that. Slightly_frowning_Face

Does the message show up when you are charging the device as well or only when using the adapter?

If it only shows up when using the adapter and not when charging the device, if it only shows up when using the adapter together with an accessory and never when charging the device without the adapter attached, get in touch with your Local support team and they will help you further with replacing the adapter.