Join now - be part of our community!

Display problem

Dark-Orchid
Visitor

Display problem

Hi,

I've had my Xperia XZ2 for a few months and have been really pleased with its performance. However, yesterday, I noticed a very think black vertical line which extends from the top of the screen to the bottom. I removed my screen protector to see if there was a scratch (which there shouldn't be given its a screen protector) however there was no scratch on the screen. I have adjusted my display brightness to no avail. It's more noticeable on colour than white backgrounds. It is present on all apps. I haven't dropped or otherwise damaged the phone. I have contacted my phone provider who state that its outside the warranty and want to charge me £234 before they even know exactly what the problem is. I wondered if anyone had come across this issue (it's not  the horizontal white banding that some have discussed) as I'm a bit gutted because it has proved to be such a good piece of tech otherwise.

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

A few months and outside of warranty?

Can you make a picture with a friend's phone to show us?

profile.country.AT.title
skycamefalling
Contributor

Since you've used the pound-sign I assume you are located in the UK.

Sony provides 2 years of warranty for Xperia phones in the UK according to the documentation I found. 

https://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/common/warranty_phones_GB_24_9.pdf

The XZ2 is on the market for a bit more than 1 years so the phone cannot be out of the warranty, or am I wrong? I would contact your Sony support directly and forget about your provider.

Dark-Orchid
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I'll try to get an image (either a screenshot or on my wife's phone)

Dark-Orchid
Visitor

I'll definitely look at that. Thanks

Jonas
Master

Hi @Dark-Orchid, sorry to hear about this. Slightly_frowning_Face

As @skycamefalling mentioned and if you are from the UK, the warranty is valid for 24 months from the day of the purchase. As an example, you buy a device on the January 4th, 2019, the warranty will be valid til January 4th, 2021.

Do you know if you have enabled the developer options in your device? There are a few settings in there that may enable such a line in the display, so if you go to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer options and turn this off. Is there any change or is the vertical line still visible?

A photo would be great as well! Slightly_smiling_Face

Let us know how it goes.

Dark-Orchid
Visitor

Black vertical lineBlack vertical lineBlack vertical lineBlack vertical lineBlack vertical lineBlack vertical lineBlack vertical lineBlack vertical line

Dark-Orchid
Visitor

Hi,

I've uploaded some photos of my screen but are not sure whether the photos can be viewed. Let me know if that the case. I did go into system>advanced but there was no developer option. Thanks for your help again

Regards

Simon

Dark-Orchid
Visitor

Hi,

I've attached a photgrapg to illustrate the vertical line down my screen. Again, thanks for your help

Regards

SimonDSCN1027.JPGDSCN1024.JPG

GANGSTAR
Visitor

Hey Brother,

According to me it's either a broken display(It looks like it) or dead pixels. Try to do a repair with PC companion if it doesn't works then change the display man.