Join now - be part of our community!

Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

Meshach
Visitor

Moisture detected in usb slot xperia xz2

Phone has not been near water yet tells me moisture has been detected then pauses my music. Ideas? Thank you in advance 

26 REPLIES 26
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@Meshach

I don't have this particular Xperia but how does it notify you about the moisture ?

MagsLund
Visitor

Moisture in the cable connector when you connected to the phone. Or external moisture on the phone when ypu connected.

Blow the connectors dry and try again!

Aldreth
Visitor

I also consistently receive this message without any evidence or indication of moisture. 

Also I sometimes plug in to charge and the phone says it is providing power to external device. Which makes zero sense when connecting a charger. 

Meshach
Visitor

Just a pop up message saying what I put in quotation marksmarksmarksmarks, really annoying

anishmajoseph
Visitor

Same problem here. My phone nor headphone dongle wasn't near any water source. The port isn't recognizing I think.  Cannot even hear music. What's the use of spending lots of money.? I request xperia team to look into this issue immediately. 

swejuggalo
Visitor

A system app named something like usbsettings had to be wiped clean of its data on a Samsung S8 when it falsely claimed to be wet. After a reboot it worked. Maybe Sony has a similar USB monitoring app? Can't verify myself since I haven't gotten my Sony phone yet. 

profile.country.PL.title
najodleglejszy
Expert

@swejuggalo there's a system app called USB connectivity that sends that message on Sony phones. 

Ellie85
Visitor

This problem started for me a few days ago. It was saying moisture in USB when headphones were plugged in but was fine when charger was plugged in. I spoke to support and they suggested repairing my software. This did absolutely nothing other than make me lose some data because the backup apparently doesn't capture everything. Being ex-IT support myself the information told me it's probably an issue with the adapter itself and not the phone so I bought a new adapter off of amazon for a few £ and it's working absolutely fine. The old adapter (the one I received from Sony) is still saying moisture so I think it's definitely the adapter. I hope this helps. 

anishmajoseph
Visitor

Thanks a lot !!!! Even I feel that that is the problem as the charger is working fine. I will replace the adapter soon. Guess this was a problem for all sony xz2 users who arer using the headphone dongle from Sony. Maybe a manufacturing defect I think, as I saw a lot of people asking the same question in the internet. Thanks a lot!!!! You just saved my life.