Join now - be part of our community!

The new Android 10 (52.1.A.0.532) fricked my Sony XZ3

Franzese
Visitor

The new Android 10 (52.1.A.0.532) fricked my Sony XZ3

So as the title says, the new update slowed down the performance of my XZ3 DRASTICALLY, in some moments it becomes even unusable with apps and System UI crashing. FOR EXAMPLE, i've succesfully reset the pass of this sony sony ac after more than 30mins!!!! In certain moments it is truly unbearable and makes me want to throw my phone throught the window which is conveniently near me. (Okay I am joking 😂, but you get the point). 

SO, I beg the developers of Sony, that have been doing such a good job so far, with the regular updates, and even this early Android 10! To fix the performance issues and send a new update asap!

Tags (1)
24 REPLIES 24
AlexandruMunten
Visitor

Same fu... problem. I have the same problems. I want to roll back until the problems are solved. How do I do that SONY????? 

nevui
Visitor

totally agree, now my phone has many bugs and everything is much slower than then. I can't even take a photo on messenger and send it to someone and i have to wait a few seconds for reaction, when i wanna write something. Everything is wrong after this upload 

Hitman123
Visitor

I almost gave up, But just used xperia companion, used repair, than used copy from Google druge, a s done is fine. Fast like before update.... so happy again. 

JV_
Visitor

Screenshot_20200116-230809.png

There is, sometimes, a glitch in the recents screen... happens very often.

rian18
Visitor

It seems to be important to do the Google play systemupdate after installing Android 10 on XZ3. 

Open settings, about your phone, android version 10 and click Google play systemupdate. 

Screenshot_20200117-144036.png

Yet after doing this AL seems smooth.

Some hint would be cool by Sony.. 

Maestroes
Visitor

Do you have any problems with hdr content? When i watch hdr content on netflix or YouTube, even hdr videos in my own Gallery, colors are faded as if there is a gray film put on the screen. It definitely was not like that before. Anyone has that?

AlexandruMunten
Visitor

Today I called Sony support center and they said to me to do a clean install of Android 10 using Xperia Companion to see if this will work. I did it and until now everything seems to be working fine. So let's hope that this is the solution. 

Kilek
Visitor

Same for me, HDR is not working in Android 10

Brain0
Visitor

Same here, experiencing all the problem mentioned here and finger print also, please fix it. Isit possible to rollback to android 9?

Kind

@Kane1 wrote:

Same here, experiencing all the problem mentioned here. Please fix.

Is it possible to rollback to android 9? 

Regards,

Zoonie
Visitor

We have an XZ3 and XZ2 in the family. These are our experiences after latest update to Android 10:

*Intermittently excruciating sluggish ui

*Phone gets stuck for 10-20 seconds at times 

*Delayed and sluggish app switching

*WiFi disconnecting very very often!

*Camera crashing often

*App drawer sometimes opens without any apps on screen, like pictured earlier in this thread

*Fingerprint scanner slow

*Delayed reaction after hanging up a call. Notification icon for an ongoing call stays up for several seconds after hanging up making it a tough guess if I actually hung up or not

*Missed call counter stays on even if Recent calls list is opened. Counter goes away after switching away from Recent calls list and back again

All in all I'd agree with original poster about wanting to through phone out the window at times. XZ3 has been one of the best phones I've ever owned before this update, now it's one of the worst.