Join now - be part of our community!

SVF15N2A4EB - brightness not adjusted

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
rochamo
New

SVF15N2A4EB - brightness not adjusted

Hi,

Im one of the lucky ones who purchased one of the latest Vaio out there. I started using it recently and there's an issue that I can't manage to get fixed.

The brightness is set up to the maximum, but for some reason it keeps fading. What is worrying me is that if you turn the laptop 180 degrees the brightness is back to maximum.

Do you think this is a problem of my hardware or just some settings that I’m missing?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rochamo,

I would think that this is probably caused by the ‘Ambient light sensor’ that controls automatic LCD brightness. The sensor is located to the right of the built-in front camera. You can disable the automatic LCD brightness adjustment. According to the manual for this model the procedure is as follows:

1. Open the charms and select the Settings charm. Select Change PC settings in the lower right corner.
2. Select PC and devices and Power and sleep in the left pane of the PC settings screen.
3. Change the Adjust my screen brightness automatically setting under Brightness to Off.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi rochamo,

I would think that this is probably caused by the ‘Ambient light sensor’ that controls automatic LCD brightness. The sensor is located to the right of the built-in front camera. You can disable the automatic LCD brightness adjustment. According to the manual for this model the procedure is as follows:

1. Open the charms and select the Settings charm. Select Change PC settings in the lower right corner.
2. Select PC and devices and Power and sleep in the left pane of the PC settings screen.
3. Change the Adjust my screen brightness automatically setting under Brightness to Off.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat