Join now - be part of our community!

Replacing Hard disk for my Vaio laptop Model SVE14

SOLVED
Albweini
New

Replacing Hard disk for my Vaio laptop Model SVE14

HI there,

I was wondering if there is a way to recover windows 8 on another Hard disk. what I intend to do is replacing my current HD with SSD. How can I do it? and if there any recommendation before getting too deep into it. :slight_smile:

SSD model is either

Kingston Technology 120GB Solid State Drive 2.5-inch V300 SATA 3

or

Samsung 840 EVO 120GB 2.5 inch Basic SATA Solid State Drive

Thanks All

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Or…... You could create recovery media and use this media to restore the system to the new SSD; this will cost you just the price of the media. To create and use the recovery media consult the manual for your machine. Please note that this will recover the operating system to ‘as delivered’ so you will need to backup and restore all personal data.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.RU.title
ActuatedDrake
Hero

Hi @Albweini 

You can pull it off, and even very simple.

To do this you will need to:

1: Buy Interface Cable SATA-3<-->USB

2: Purchase and install Paragon's "Hard Disk Manager 15 Professional" application on your computer

3: Read the User's Guide. It's only 298 pages:smileyshocked::smileysilly:

4: Run the procedure Migration OS to SSD drive.

5: Replace your HDD drive with the SSD

6: Continue to enjoy your life, but with the upgraded device, such as fast as a hungry panther

7: LBNL

If you complete even the first two items, and decide that to read all 298 pages of this **** manual is the activity has not worthy for genuine gentleman:smileyrolleyes:, I'll help you a little more. And you’ll have to read 296 pages less.

:four_leaf_clover:

"Герой" на форуме - это Эксперт, окончально повредивший свой рассудок (updated)
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Or…... You could create recovery media and use this media to restore the system to the new SSD; this will cost you just the price of the media. To create and use the recovery media consult the manual for your machine. Please note that this will recover the operating system to ‘as delivered’ so you will need to backup and restore all personal data.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.RU.title
ActuatedDrake
Hero

Hi @rich912 

Well, your proposed method of solution is certainly cheap and good, (and most importantly a very sophisticated and original).

Especially in those cases, if your PC is used primarily for surfing the web, folding Solitaire, chatting or on Skype. That is, this method is very good for the user who have on PC, except for the OS itself, almost nothing.

For example, one of my close friends uses laptop is such a straightforward way. And he had the top model of the VAIO F family. When I asked him: Why you acquired such a powerful “doodad”?, he explained to me that it is very high-status device and it raises his level of prestige at meetings in the ministries. He puts it in front of him on the table during the meeting and from time to time presses on the keyboard. Perhaps this is the Shift or Ctrl? But I'm too shy to ask him such intimate details. He is the chief of very high rank, and they, as is well known, are thinking by global categories.

When he is particularly boring, he just run to restore the system from the Recovery, bringing his device to the virgin, the factory default state. I taught him that routine immediately after being purchased and, in addition, we will of course create a rescue disks. He likes to watch the process of recovery, especially when he drank a lot of brandy the night before.

Now let's just hypothetically, let's imagine for a second that some users really use their PC as a tool for developing and strengthening their intelligence:smileyshocked:. In other words it found some, sometimes very large, the number of applications for the really serious, daily activities. So what? Will restore to factory default settings? You can, of course, if you have plenty of spare time and you have nothing else to do.

In addition, there are still people who, I hope that, like to train their hands and brain at the same time. That is, we assume that there are many among our readers and those who decided on their own to replace the system disk on your device. And they’ll want not just to clone a complete, current image of the disk used, by the best and shortest way, but also to acquire new knowledge and skills for further activities with disks, partitions, logical volumes, archives, and so on and so forth.

I like to spend my time focusing on such people. I proceed from the simple assumption that the expert of the forum should try to "raise the bar" and not hold it in simple, basic level.

:four_leaf_clover:

"Герой" на форуме - это Эксперт, окончально повредивший свой рассудок (updated)