Join now - be part of our community!

New Vaio E series extremely slow, get 'not responding, often. Running Firefox - help appreciated.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
biggdigger
Visitor

New Vaio E series extremely slow, get 'not responding, often. Running Firefox - help appreciated.

I have just purchased a new Vaio E series and am extremely disappointed with it. It is extremely slow, slower than the old battered HP it replaced. Internet is slow, all applications are slow even Vaio care. Always getting 'not responding' message on screen. Firefox is  the browser although have run that with the same operating system on another older machine with no problem. Have run defrag and made no difference.Feel like throwing computer out of the window. Would appreciate advice / help from anyone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Southerly110
Visitor

Hi, There is a Tune up application which is called AVG Tuneup 2011. You can use this application for the first time for free. Afterwards if you want to continue further it gives you the option of paying for the full application. It may be worth trying to run this to at least check out your configuration, it will cost nothing initially. AVG runs a good antivirus software application and protects your P.C. I use AVG Antivirus on my Vaio VGN-FS315S. There is a version of AVG which is free but also one that you can subscribe too. It is worthwhile checking to make sure that you have no"nasties" on your machine which is slowing it down. When you use your browser and click on Firefox it should start up faster if you right click on the browser and select "start without add-ons". Hope this helps. Good Luck Southerly110.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Southerly110
Visitor

Hi, There is a Tune up application which is called AVG Tuneup 2011. You can use this application for the first time for free. Afterwards if you want to continue further it gives you the option of paying for the full application. It may be worth trying to run this to at least check out your configuration, it will cost nothing initially. AVG runs a good antivirus software application and protects your P.C. I use AVG Antivirus on my Vaio VGN-FS315S. There is a version of AVG which is free but also one that you can subscribe too. It is worthwhile checking to make sure that you have no"nasties" on your machine which is slowing it down. When you use your browser and click on Firefox it should start up faster if you right click on the browser and select "start without add-ons". Hope this helps. Good Luck Southerly110.