Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio laptop screen fades to black and then white - becomes unusable.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
hanimayana
Visitor

Vaio laptop screen fades to black and then white - becomes unusable.

I've had my laptop for 5 months already and already well sometimes it black out by starting to fade to white and to black again. After that the laptop is useless again. please help me.. I dont know why this happens and after a few hours the laptop can start up properly again. 😕 it happed after i left it on stand by on my bed

is it the laptop heating up?

or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi hanimayana.

I would make sure you don't use your Vaio on a soft surface like a bed as this will almost certainly block the cooling airflow and can cause overheating.  Always use on a hard surface.  That said, it shouldn't heat up much in standby.

If it happens when you leave it on a hard surface, try connecting an external monitor and see if the problem is shown then.

If the problem persists, contact Vaio Support for a way forward.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi hanimayana.

I would make sure you don't use your Vaio on a soft surface like a bed as this will almost certainly block the cooling airflow and can cause overheating.  Always use on a hard surface.  That said, it shouldn't heat up much in standby.

If it happens when you leave it on a hard surface, try connecting an external monitor and see if the problem is shown then.

If the problem persists, contact Vaio Support for a way forward.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
hanimayana
Visitor

Hi back blencogo,

thankyou so much.. ill try to use your way and get back to you a.s.a.p :slight_smile: