Join now - be part of our community!

Help with format and Windows 7 startup

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
dimidola
Visitor

Help with format and Windows 7 startup

I have my VPCEB1Z1E for 9 months now. Last week I tried to startup and the PC forze at the Windows logo for a few minutes and then restarted itself. I was then prompted to choose between repair or start windows normally. I chose the second but the same thing happenned. This time I chose repair but I get a Windows looking screen (blue with green leafs) and the cursor which I can move but nothing I can click on.

I decided to format my C drive but no matter which way I try to do it, after I press enter, the Windows logo appears and then it freezes..

How can I format if I cannot format???

HELP!

--------------------------------------------------------------

safe mode loads a black screen with safe mode written on all 4 corners and Microsoft (R) Windows (R) (Build 7600) on top. I can move the cursor.

using the DVD I am asked if I want

VAIO recovery center --> black screen "Windows is loading files..." and then I get the Windows logo and a blueish screen. I can move the cursor.

or

Repair Windows 7 (64-bit) --> black screen "Windows is loading files..." and then I get the Windows logo and a blue screen with green leafs were I am asked the typ of keyboard setup I want. After I chose I can only move the cursor but there's nothing to click on.

with F10 I get a black screen titled "Edit Boot Options"

I am prompted to select a path which ends with boot.wim

Windows logo appears and I get a blueish screen with a window "Recovery Tools are being launched. Please wait." but after 30' it restarts...

Message was edited by: dimidola

Message was edited by: dimidola

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like your Windows installation is corrupt or, more likely, your hard drive is damaged.  I would contact Vaio Support for advice.

Does your Vaio boot from a bootable DVD/CD-ROM or from your Recovery Discs?

:slight_frown:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It sounds like your Windows installation is corrupt or, more likely, your hard drive is damaged.  I would contact Vaio Support for advice.

Does your Vaio boot from a bootable DVD/CD-ROM or from your Recovery Discs?

:slight_frown:

profile.country.el_GR.title
dimidola
Visitor

damaged hard drive??? uh-oh..

it's my recovery DVDs I'm using.. but even the built-in recovery won't work...