Join now - be part of our community!

System freeze, unable to restart

profile.country.en_GB.title
Nick445
Visitor

System freeze, unable to restart

Can anyone help please? My 5 day old VAIO froze in the middle of using it and I have been unable to restart it. The keyboard & touch pad are unresponsive when prompted for the login.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Nick,

Just to be clear - you can restart your Vaio and it gets to the Windows logon screen but will not accept keyboard or mouse input.  Is that correct?

There are things you could try but as it is only 5 days old you should not have to.  If it was bought from a shop like PC World or Sony Centre, give them a ring and ask them to fix or replace it because it may be a software problem or it could also be a hardware fault.

Alternatively, you can try reverting the Vaio back to factory condition by tapping F10 when you see the first Vaio splash screen and choosing to carry out a full recovery.  This would eliminate a software problem.

:slight_frown:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Nick445
Visitor

Thanks Blencogo,

Yes you are correct.

I was able to use an external mouse and with this carried out a full recovery. However, the keyboard and the touchpad still remain unresponsive.

I'll be onto PC World tomorrow seeking a replacement. Pretty poor show really. Do you recommend any other brand?

Regards,

Nick