Join now - be part of our community!

European VAIO with i7-2760/2860QM?

profile.country.sr_YU.title
alfaunits
Visitor

European VAIO with i7-2760/2860QM?

Can we expect faster CPUs in European version of the VAIO notebooks?

Namely, i7-2670QM is the fastest available in Europe, but i7-2760QM and i7-2860QM are available in the US. So I'm guessing the cooling is possible and there are some internal reasons that they are not available in Europe.

TIA for the answer.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

This is a user forum, so you won't get an answer here.

Try the Sony Sales line 0808 178 2466 but unless a model has been announced, I don't think you will get an answer from Sony.

:thinking:

alfaunits
Visitor

All I got from them was "Currently, it is not possible to get a faster CPU in the UK". (I guess entire Europe, but they can only talk about the UK)

I also could not find a US e-tailer with such models that ships to Europe, which would have been a viable alternative. (Amazon does not cross-ship between US and EU counterparts for example, Provantage does, but they do not have the models, etc.)

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think you will find most of the eBay sellers will ship worldwide for about $100: -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=vaio+i7+2860qm&_sacat=See-A...

Not sure if you can get a UK Keyboard though?

:wink:

alfaunits
Visitor

Keyboard is of no concern (what's more US keyboard is better IMO :smileygrin:)

But I am not keen on going via eBay - that is my last resort though. Only one seller :slight_frown: