Join now - be part of our community!

Cash back

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Cash back

Hi I brought a Sony A6000  camera 4/7/17 there was a £50 cash back I sent a photo of my receipt plus serial number on box I had email off Sony saying was not valid because they could not see date of purchase so  I resent photos showing  date have had no reply and on the email I had off Sony said you have 10 day to claim from date of purchase. 

17 REPLIES 17
profile.country.GB.title
leotroll

It'shocking it really is.   Quite a few people went through all this kind of carry on with last years cashback. I have been looking to upgrade to the a6300,i bought the a6000 last year, got casback with no problem, told them had got the 18-105mm f4 lens on order, that seemed to expedite matters . Theres £150 cashback on the a6300, have been trying to find a list of participating retailers to no avail ,last year harrisons cameras were,but who knows if they still are if you don't see it in black and white from sony.

Hope it goes well{keep us all updated}

Think i will pass on the a6300 at this time,if you can't get £50 out of them, what chance have i got getting £150.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @15883282 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Have you received any contact from Sony about the photos you had to resend?

Keep us posted, if you haven't heard anything back today I will escalate this for you.

@leotroll have you tried an a6500 yet?

There's deals / cashback on those too currently,

e.g.Jessops: £1282, £1132.00 after £150 cashback

profile.country.GB.title
leotroll

Hi :Was looking at the a6300 primarily for the better video specs and the 3.5mm microphone jack. Theres only one fully functional stero mic for a6000 ,also no mic jack,i also read somewhere that this is now a discontinued item,although it's still available on amazon.

The a6000 is around the £830 mark at Harrisons cameras,Sheffield,(first class service by the way) with £150 cashback makes it around £680.

Mind you with prices as they are maybe getting another a6000 body while i  still can maybe a better idea .An absolutely phenominal camera for the price.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @leotroll

Cheers for getting back to me :slight_smile:

Yeah, there's no doubting the quality of the a6000!

I have just seen a price of £549 for one, plus £50 cashback with Currys/pcworld

That's a craaazy price if its not an error! Under £500 all in? :open_mouth:

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Try getting the cash back hard work

Sent from my iPad
profile.country.GB.title
leotroll

Hi : thats price with the kit lens. Body only £434.99 -Amazon, nearly everybody else  sat at £449.00,just checked Camera Price Busters uk(another of my regularly visited websites).So £449.00 from high street retailers with £50cashback -body only price £399.

.Now this is where i get all excited and fall into the same trap as this poor person. Here's a person who should be out and about enjoying their new camera, extolling to all around the virtues of sony's little technological marvel.Instead here's a person stressd out,contacting community forums for assistance. It's shameful. Sony is a Japanese company, i was always told the Japanese held honor above all else .Well i can tell you Sony there is nothing but dishonor in the way you behave.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah, with the kit lens it looked a good way for novice (and other) photgraphers to jump right in. :wink:

@15883282 - Have you had any contact from Sony yet today?

profile.country.GB.title
Explorer

Hi. I got a reply off Sony the money should be going in my bank account in the next 28 days will keep you posted.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @15883282

Great news :slight_smile: