Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback - how long on average has it taken?

profile.country.GB.title
harveyadan
Explorer

Cashback - how long on average has it taken?

Hello everyone - I recently bought an A6000 camera w/ kit lens from John Lewis in silver (it's beautiful). I was enticed by the great reviews and also that Sony had just doubled their cashback to £100.

The same day I purchased it, I filled out the cashback form along with pics of receipt and serial number. That was 19th August. I got (almost immediately), what i assume is an automated email from Sony with a ref number and to say once everything was validated the money will be sent to my account.

I reallise I need to allow 28 days but as I've heard or seen nothing else, I was wondering how long it had taken people to recieve their cashback?

Many thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @harveyadan and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

I don't have an exact answer for you but if you use 28 days as the rule of thumb

then anything quicker is a bonus :wink:

If you haven't heard / received anything in that time then please contact Sony Support straight away.

Hopefully other members will post here to let you know if it was any quicker.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
harveyadan
Explorer

1. Thanks for the advice. Is there an email address for Sony to use (just in case) as the Support section gives you a choice of topics neither of whic relate to a general query?
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again

You're welcome :slight_smile:

If you don't hear anything then don't email - the telephone is always quicker :wink:

I would try the +44 (0) 2073652810

number given on this page.

profile.country.GB.title
harveyadan
Explorer

Thanks again, Jumpsuit

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

No worries, my pleasure :slight_smile:

braisim
Explorer

I sent my claim on 23 August (in respect of new A7 mk II camera) and uploadad the invoice and photo of serial number. I received the automated email acknowledging receipt but no cash yet.

I emailed today to check that there is no problem and I hope to get the cash soon.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @braisim and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Thanks for letting us know.

Also don't be afraid to use the telephone - its always quicker than an email.

profile.country.GB.title
harveyadan
Explorer

Hi Braisim - I decided to phone using the number jumpsuit provided. The CS rep acknowledged my ref number and said everything was fine and to expect the cash back within 28 days (which would be this Saturday). I just wanted to know there was nothing that Sony needed and everything was on track. I’m happy with that and would hope that’s the first and last time I have to call them.

braisim
Explorer

thanks harveyadan. i'll give them a call if i don't receive the cashback within 28 days.

Maybe you could post here again when you get yours?

Thanks.