Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XG8396 VERY LOUD CRACKING NOISE

profile.country.GB.title
mushypeasdm

KD-49XG8396 VERY LOUD CRACKING NOISE

• Iv only had the tv a fue months and it keep making a loud cracking noise when on .at first though it was the legs ie stand but now I have put it on the wall and it is still making a loud cracking sound it's very distracting. 

Sony help page said 

Possible answers for your question. (Answers will open in a new window.)

A cracking or popping sound from your TV is quite normal and occurs when parts slightly expand or contract due to room temperature changes. It's entirely dependant on environmental details (temperature or humidity)

Quite normal? My last sony tv that only lasted two years did not do it .it sounds like its going to snap in half very very distracting. I new i should not have gone for a sony again after the last one lasted two years but there the only ones that do Android tv's. Any one else have this big problem. I live in UK so not a very hot country or to could 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may want to contact support about this, just in case. You'll find contact info here

profile.country.GB.title
mushypeasdm

I just called them and that stated the same as above. That is normal. It's so loud I thought some one was trying to break in to my house last night .Iv to send it to the nearest sony shop to have a look at at my expens even though its got 5 year Guarantee. I am disgusted with sony my last sony Android tv lasted only two .I should have got a different make of tv and a fire stick 

profile.country.GB.title
mushypeasdm

If this is normal and told this at point of sale do you think I would have bought it Nooooooo

AlbertCT
New

I had the same problem with this exact model.

It was a not too loud, nevertheless sufficiently audible enough to be disturbing, occurring every now and then, while the tv was on.

I took it for repairing, and the engineers did find a foreign body inside the tv!

There was some kind of manufacturing problem, because they did replace my tv with a new one.