Join now - be part of our community!

Can any off the new android Bravia be rooted

Kenny324410
Explorer

Can any off the new android Bravia be rooted

Has anyone been able to root any off these new android Bravias yet 

10 REPLIES 10

I want to root my Tv too! I can not use the USB drive the way I want or need to do it. I have a 256Gb USB, and I can not download anything direct to that USB, because the Tv does not format that USB. And only read that USB, but not write on it. I think the Tv can not format it because of the size. I don't know.
But those tv are very expensive. Sony could (and should) put inside the tv a 256Gb HD disk (7200rpm). That way the users/customer could install games, emulators and a lot of rom. There are free emulators and free rom, but not the machine to use it.
And if some one (Sony, LG, Samsung or whatever) come with that idea (the one with 256Gb internal HDD 7200rpm) will be the number one in/on the market. Every one would like to have a Tv with a lot of space to do what (we) want to do. A Tv it is not the same as before. We use internet in our tv. We want to do more!
Any way! Because the tv use Android OS, the speed of the HDD does not has to be 7200. Could be 5200. And one made for laptops could (do) the job.
(I don't know much english: I hope you got the idea).