Kenny324410
Explorer

Can any off the new android Bravia be rooted

Has anyone been able to root any off these new android Bravias yet 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yes, you probably can.  But i dont have the instructions how - only to put the tv into developers mode.

Cheers

Kenny324410
Explorer

I got it in Dev mode and no how to side load apk it's root I need so I can map ps4 controller bottoms to android games that have not been ported to the tv is in thay run but you can't play them becos thay tuch screen bottoms like mc5 or racing rivals but you can map out bottoms on screen and link them to a ps4 controller so that tuch screen bottom is now the controller button I have been able to do it with a android phone and a ps4 controller but sucks playing on a small screen but for it to work I need root 

Kenny324410
Explorer

See this is the ps4 controller runing on a phone would like to do the same for tv witch would alow people to run games that have not been ported to the tv format but as I sed I need root to be able to map the botton on screen 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&persist_app=1&v=DbAFSSwws28

profile.country.GB.title
dobooth13

what next? custom ROMs for the TV e.g. cyanogenmodTV

can't be worse than Sony LOL :laughing:

----------------------------
KD-49X8307C
Kenny324410
Explorer

Custom rom doesn't matter at this point it's just there a crap ton off games that the tv could run but thay devs will probly never port over to the tv format but maping on screen tuch points and so that thay points are concted to a button on the ps4 controller would alow for thay games to be ran on the tv but to do it you need root 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dobooth13 wrote:

what next? custom ROMs for the TV e.g. cyanogenmodTV

can't be worse than Sony LOL :laughing:

It could.... Sony Windows 8 TV anyone ?  :grin:

Bio007
New

Were you able to root your tv after all? I would be interested in rooting mine as well but can't find reliable info how 😞

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bio007 wrote:

Were you able to root your tv after all? I would be interested in rooting mine as well but can't find reliable info how 😞

No one has managed to do it - as far as I am aware.

profile.country.GB.title
Jecht_Sin
Enthusiast

Even if it was possible, I am not sure I would try it myself. If anything goes wrong, like if the tv goes in bootloops (it did happen quite few times with my phones) do we have a tool to reinstall/repair the OS? Or just putting the latest installation package in a USB will reinstall it?

Because at that point a reset to factory settings wouldn't fix anything. That resets the /data and when we root a phone we modify /system.