Join now - be part of our community!

Any idea how I might reinstall iTunes?

profile.country.en_GB.title
alwisem61
Visitor

Any idea how I might reinstall iTunes?

Any idea how I might reinstall iTunes - it failed during a regular update and I've tried everything I know but with no success?  I get this error message:

An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'Microsoft.VC80.CRT.type="win32".version="8.0.50727.61
95".publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b".processorArchite
cture="x86"". Please refer to Help and Support for
more information. HRESULT: 0x80070422.

Things I have tried so far:

Uninstall of all the components in the correct order using iobitUnistaller, registry scan to remove any broken entries using CCLean, restarting my laptop each time I try something new, redownloading the iTunes64SetUp each time I retry to install; using MicrosoftFixit.Programme to identify any lingering broken elements.  I also read that it might be something to do with C++ so I installed the latest update from Microsoft - no difference.  Also read that it might be something to do with Visual Basic - so tried something out on this but still no success.  Finally read that it might be something to do with Windows Module Installer Service which I had previously disabled because it was grabbing 50% of my processor on a continuous basis.  So I reenabled this and went through the whole installation process again - still no success and now my processor is all clogged up as well!

Any help gratefully received.

Alisdair.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Alisdair,

Welcome to questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

It may ba little late now but have you tried doing a system restore to a point before you tried to install the iTunes update..:smileyconfused: