Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio xl201

profile.country.en_GB.title
trebor75
Visitor

Sony Vaio xl201

can anyone help how do i get sound from my tv speakers i have used a hdmi cable sound seems to be working but it is not coming out of tv speakers regards  robert

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Robert,

I am not familiar with your model and you haven’t stated whether you are using the original OS or have upgraded. However, have you checked that HDMI is set as the default audio device – in Control Panel > sounds and audio devices?

If this has no effect maybe a member with this model may be able to advise further.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Watashiwateshdes
Contributor

I had this same issue on my XL201 running Vista (horrid system).

What I found is when you had something running with audio and made a change to settings, it would not then switch. You would need to stop the music/video and then play it again.

As Rich mentioned, you need to go via the CP and into the Sound and Audio option, have something playing and you should notice the levels in the little symbols change. Similar to the image I have added. Stop your audio or video and then select HDMI and make that your default.Start playing back something and audio should come through.

trebor75
Visitor

Morning Fellas

The Computer is sony vaio VGX XL301 with dual tuners i have installed windows 7 i have set the sound input and output to hdmi when playing music i can see the bars goin up and down, in device manager it states there are no drivers loaded for the multimedia device i beleive this is the problem but can i find any drivers anywere nope i have not got the original software it came pre installed and of course like a numpty i deleted the d drive which the recovery was on hope you can help

Message was edited by: trebor75

Message was edited by: trebor75