Join now - be part of our community!

XZ2 COMPACT. Touch screen problem.

GarciaMarc
Visitor

XZ2 COMPACT. Touch screen problem.

Bonjour, 

depuis quelques mois mon téléphone (qui a environ 1 an) rencontre des problèmes d'écran tactil.

La plupart du temps c'est la barre d'outils supérieure qui s'ouvre alors que je ne demande pas, lors de l'utilisation du clavier le même phénomène se manifeste, les lettres se doublent, voir se triplent, quand c'est la bonne lettre qui s'inscrit sur l'écran. Lorsque je cherche à ouvrir une application, s'en est une autre qui s'ouvre.Au début le problème était épisodique, maintenant il est récurrent plusieurs fois dans la journée.

Cordialement, Mr Garcia Marc.

since a few months my phone (which is about 1 year old) has some touch screen problems.

Most of the time it is the top toolbar that opens when I do not ask, when using the keyboard the same phenomenon occurs, the letters are doubled, see tripled, when it is the right letter that fits on the screen. When I try to open an application, another is opening.

At first the problem was episodic, now it is recurrent several times a day.

Sincerely,

-GT
4 REPLIES 4
Martin1
Enthusiast

Hi @GarciaMarc, sorry to hear about this.

Do you have any type of screen protector or a protective film mounted on the display of your phone that may affect the behaviour of the touchscreen/display? Also, have you been able to carry out a quick test of the touchscreen in order to see if it works as intended? To do this, find and tap Settings > Support > Xperia Tests > Touchscreen.

Another thing you can try is to reboot your phone in safe mode to see if the touchscreen behaves the same way there. All apps downloaded from Play store is temporarily deactivated while in safe mode and by doing this, you can see if this behaviour is caused by a downloaded app. For more information on safe mode and how to use it, click here.

If the behaviour of the touchscreen persists in safe mode, I would suggest that you try to repair the software on the phone using Xperia companion and a computer. Keep in mind though this will erase all user data from the phone, so make sure to do a backup before the repair to prevent data loss.

If none of these measures manages to improve the functionality of the touchscreen, My suggestion is to get in contact with your local support team in order to have the phone examined and repaired by an authorized service center. If you have any questions regarding the service such as service routines, warranty and consumer laws, these kind of questions are best answered by your local support team as well, as they vary between markets. 

Try these measures and feel free to keep me posted with the results!

Matthew770077
Visitor

Hello guys,

I am experiencing same issues. Did you find any solution? I don t have any screen glass cover. I was waiting 6 months for some update from sony but nothing fixed it. It is really annyoing when you pay 600 € for phone and it is not working properly.

There are videos of my problem. When i restart phone it is working okey  for a while and then it starts again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk6v_Ow-ZkQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIIsvEvlOoQ

Thanks for any advice. If i don t fix it in next month, i ll use my warranty and return phone back to store.

Matthew

AndroidPower
Visitor

Same problem Xperia XZ2 Compact, Slightly_frowning_Face 

I'll use the compact xz1 compact again

I think the sensitivity of the screen has been decalibrated, the footprints themselves simulate touches Slightly_frowning_Face

Region 0031 still no update to Android 10 Slightly_frowning_Face

İbrahim_1
Visitor

Have you installed more than 10 Android apps