Join now - be part of our community!

WiFi calling xz3

Rd1988
Visitor

WiFi calling xz3

I can't see the WiFi calling option in the settings on my xz3. 

Is this coming in an update or am I missumi something? 

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.NL.title
Strampke
Expert

For WiFi calling you could search the internet, for VoIP you can read here.

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

Hi @Rd1988 ;

Regarding Wifi Calling (VoWifi) please read this.

Jonas
Master

Hi @Rd1988, welcome to our forum!

The Xperia XZ3 supports Wi-Fi calling, but there are a few more conditions that must be fulfilled.

• your operator and subscription (incl. SIM card) must support Wi-Fi Calling for the device model you're using.
  • depending on operator, your phone must sometimes be operator-branded and/or use operator-customised system software.
  • your phone must be in range of a Wi-Fi network.

The setting for Wi-Fi calling can be found if you open up the Phone application > tap the three dots in the top right corner > SettingsCalls > Wi-Fi Calling. If Wi-Fi Calling isn't available, contact your network operator.

I hope that helps! Slightly_smiling_Face

Rd1988
Visitor

Thank you for your reply.

The WiFi calling option isn't in the call settings though. 

It has been activated on my account by my provider. 

I'm a bit lost now 

profile.country.PT.title
NunoSEN2
Hero

@Rd1988, you probably need an operator costumized firmware in your device for the option to be available. 

Jonas
Master

Hi again @Rd1988!

I agree with what @NunoSEN2 wrote. Get in touch with your operator and they should be able to tell you exactly which requirements that needs to be fulfilled in order for you to use Wi-Fi calling on your Xperia XZ3, but in most cases, it's a specific customization of the software. For example, the device has to be bought from the operator that offers the service so it has their customization of the software.

Keep us posted!

JBAU
Visitor

Hi Jonas, I was using a Samsumg S10+ with this same carrier, a with no special custumization from the carrier, and it´s working just fine the Wifi Calls. 

I talked to my carrier and they have all enable in their side, and don´t have ant custumization for making WifiCalls. But the option is not showing in my phone.

Jonas
Master

Hi @JBAU!

There could still be several factors that prevents you from using the service, such as the device not being enabled in their network because it's not sold there and similiar.

I only know everything about this regarding the Nordic market as this is where I'm situated and I know what each operators requires from the device and what is required on the subscription.

In your case, I would recommend that you get in touch with your Local support team as they know more about the operator services in your country and will be able to provide a more detailed answer as to what is required from the operator. Click the link below > click on "Sony Mobile" and choose your country in the drop down list and you will find their contact information.

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/