Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
Nigel-ES
New

HAP Z1 ES - Hi res streaming capability please . . . .

Sony . . .  

I have had a HAP Z1ES since 2015 - I love it except for one thing - I cannot use the streaming capability to stream hi-res. I have hung on the vain hope that Spotify would provide a hi-res option but to no avail. 

I have over 1000 albums loaded. I use an external DAC and hard drive and I can do this because you upgraded the firmware to enable it. 

But the one thing that means the HAP Z1 ES remains a source of frustration is that it does not integrate a hi-res music streaming service. I use Qobuz which has now launched in the US which must introduce a whole new market for Qobuz integration (I am in the UK) . Qobuz tell me I have to approach Sony  . . . . . 

Please, please, please either implement a firmware upgrade to include Qobuz at the highest streaming rate possible. . . .  and even better then give Qobuz full access to your extensive music catalogue so you can earn some royalties from the move too . . . . I assume that soon Sony will stop releasing firmware updates for the HAP Z1 ES  . . . . so please offer the updated before you do.

Anyone who reads this and supports the move please show your support too!!

Tags (3)
Who Me Too'd this topic