Join now - be part of our community!

Where can I check the warranty start and expiry date of my VAIO SB?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
taotau77
Visitor

Where can I check the warranty start and expiry date of my VAIO SB?

Question is in the title.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As the Support website has just been upgraded, I'm not sure if this is possible online.

In the UK, the standard warranty starts on the date of purchase (to be supported by proof of purchase) and ends 12 months later. However, if your SB is one of the models with Windows 7 Professional (or Ultimate) preinstalled at the factory, the warranty ends 24 months later.

If in doubt, please check with Vaio Support who will check the Registration Date for you. (Tel: 0870 2402408)

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

As the Support website has just been upgraded, I'm not sure if this is possible online.

In the UK, the standard warranty starts on the date of purchase (to be supported by proof of purchase) and ends 12 months later. However, if your SB is one of the models with Windows 7 Professional (or Ultimate) preinstalled at the factory, the warranty ends 24 months later.

If in doubt, please check with Vaio Support who will check the Registration Date for you. (Tel: 0870 2402408)

profile.country.en_GB.title
taotau77
Visitor

I'm using VPCSB3C5E, it is customised and sold after April, then will come with 2 year warranty.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What is the full model name?  VPCSB????

I believe the custom built models ordered online and delivered since 1 April 2011 also come with a 2 year warranty even if Windows 7 HP is preinstalled.

http://www.sony.co.uk/hub/vaio-services

Support should be available Mon - Fri 0800 to 1800

SupportIW.jpg

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Good News!!!