Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-Z21WN Touchpad Windows 7

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
davidbissettpowell
New

VGN-Z21WN Touchpad Windows 7

I have loaded Windows 7 onto my Z21 along with all the utilities and drivers listed on the VAIO Windows 7 section.  Everything is great except for the touchpad.  I don't appear to have the Touchpad utility and in the device manager the touchpad is seen as  PS2 Mouse.  I looked at the "originally installed" section but I can only see an uninstall.exe for the pointing device download.  Can anyone give me a clue please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No guarantees as I have not tried it but if it was me, I would try installing the Pointing Device/Touchpad Driver from a VGN-Z Series that was sold with Windows 7 preinstalled.

There is one here for the VGN-Z56VRG: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-Z56VRG

:wink:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

No guarantees as I have not tried it but if it was me, I would try installing the Pointing Device/Touchpad Driver from a VGN-Z Series that was sold with Windows 7 preinstalled.

There is one here for the VGN-Z56VRG: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-Z56VRG

profile.country.en_GB.title
davidbissettpowell
New

Dear Blencogo,

You're a star.  It appears to work.  Why was there no "setup.exe" file in the "originally installed" file download?  Did Sony forget it or is there something I missed?

Many thanks again.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Glad it worked - somtimes these things do and sometimes not!!!!

Files that download as a .ZIP file usually need to be extracted to show a Setup.EXE file.

If you right-click on the downloaded .ZIP and choose 'Extract All' and extract to a location you can find the files, you should see a Setup.EXE.

Alternatively, I think you can run DPInst.EXE.