Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update 5 does not work, uses wrong FTP path

profile.country.sv_SE.title
eramoli
Visitor

Vaio Update 5 does not work, uses wrong FTP path

Hi,

I am using Vaio Update 5, version 5.1.1.04090, and now it fails to download any of the updates.

As can be seen in the attached Wireshark trace the Vaio Update 5 application tries to change directory to a location that does not exist. The CWD should be without the .exe.

Have anyone the same problem or a solution?

Best Regards,

Morgan

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.fr_BE.title
natwaute
Visitor

Same issue on my side. The download of the files is going correctely until the last "block" has to be downloaded and it seems that this one "can never make it".

In C:\Update\{}ID}, I only find incomplete files with ".exeVU!" extension (instead of .EXE)

My work around is to go directly on Sony web site and download the .exe directly from there. A file comparison indicates that the file is identical but contains some additional bytes missing at the end.

The only benefit is that ...this save me a few time to apply too early some upgrades recommended by "VAIO Update" but that are in fact problematic (such as the last WinDVD BD upgrade by Corel)

Philippe

PS I can not find your attached Wireshark report. I would be interested to know which is the missing directory that you are referring to.