Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VPCEJ1Z1E/W Keeps Shutting Down Whilst Playing Games

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
MattAndrews81
Visitor

SONY VAIO VPCEJ1Z1E/W Keeps Shutting Down Whilst Playing Games

Hi as you can all guess im a n00b in the forum i dont really go here but trying to get through to the people at sony is bloody hard at this time of year !

So here is ny problem

Just Bought a

SONY VAIO VPCEJ1Z1E/W

cost me £750 and thought by lookin at the spec and asking lots of questions it would easily be able to play assassins creed brotherhood and GTA 4 !!! put the disk in installed them both and bam after 3 mins the computer turns itself off ! restart and it starts in windows safe or normal mode screen !

To be safe i turned all the graphics settings on as low as possible as i read it maybe the graphics card !?!?!?

Lasted 7 mins (before it did the same)

Im at a loose end should i take it to sony as its only a month old - i checked all graphics drivers i updated evertything i can think of =/

Thanks for any help in advance

Matt >=)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thurinthalion
New

Hi. It sounds like your machine is overheating. What do you have it sat on? You might want a flat surface like a desk, or a cooling mat. I'd talk to Sony first though,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thurinthalion
New

Hi. It sounds like your machine is overheating. What do you have it sat on? You might want a flat surface like a desk, or a cooling mat. I'd talk to Sony first though,