Join now - be part of our community!

Sony VAIO VPCEB1M1E keeps disconnecting from the wireless net

profile.country.en_NL.title
hmvanelferen
New

Sony VAIO VPCEB1M1E keeps disconnecting from the wireless net

My notebook running on my wireless network is a Sony VAIO VPCEB1M1E, using Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter. What happens is that intermittenly it disconnects from the net. I use Windows 7 and when not using the notebook for sometime, it disconnects from MSN and Skype. I've checked the settings within MSN and Skype and all seem to be ok. I've also checked all the settings in the wireless configuration but cannot see the problem. Can anyone help? Thank you :rose:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
c_span
Visitor

Sorry to hear you're having problems.

Very interested to hear this, though - I too am having big problems with VPCE-series Vaio (using this Atheros AR9285 chipset) and wireless connectivity.

I have my own thread documenting these issues, although am currently having difficulty getting Sony to acknowledge there is a problem!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If it is disconnecting after a period of time you may like to try this: -

Go to Device Manager and expand Network Adapters.  Right-click on your Wireless Adapter and choose Properties.  Under the Power Management Tab uncheck "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

:wink:

profile.country.it_IT.title
saracplusplus
Visitor

Hi, me too. I have the same problem with the wireless net when I' m at the office with my Vaio VPCEB3Z1E.

This makes me so nervous, the pc is new and well paid...

profile.country.it_IT.title
saracplusplus
Visitor

Hi to all! I SOLVED THE PROBLEM installing the new drivers: atheros_wireless_9.2.0.105.exe!!!!!!

http://www.opendrivers.com/driver/2139169/atheros-ar9285-wireless-network-diver-9.2.0.105-whql-windo...

Just insert the control code that there is at the end of the page, like this:

Please confirm your driver selection!! If the wrong driver was downloaded and installed, The installed driver may cause your cmoputer problems.
Please input validate code for download. the validat code is case-sensitive.

Not Clear, Please Change a Picture

Then click on the button
and you will land to another page where you can download the file.

Bye bye!

Sara from Italy