Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio doesn't recognize the built in camera

profile.country.it_IT.title
@9571537504018561
Visitor

Sony Vaio doesn't recognize the built in camera

Hello,

I've formatted the computer and since then Skype recognizes the camera only every now and then (lately rather not anymore). What can I do? Is there some driver I should have reinstalled and if yes, which? Because I can't figure out which driver is needed for the camera? Or might it even be something else?

Thank you for your answer,

Stela

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Stela,

We aren't ignoring you - I just don't think there is an easy answer to your question.  The additional information that the fault is intermittent makes diagnosis even more difficult.

What model Vaio do you have?  Different models have different drivers.  Some use generic Windows drivers and some have specific drivers.

You say you have formatted the Vaio.  Which version of Windows have you installed?  Presumably not the original OS.

:thinking:

profile.country.da_BE.title
@3323099000015039
Visitor

Hi

I'm having the same problem except I just bought the Vario.

I have a VPCF22L1E with originally installed Window 7 SP1

/JP

profile.country.it_IT.title
@9571537504018561
Visitor

True, OS is not (yet) original, but still - there should be some drivers or something, some solution to that? I've put on Windows 7 Ultimate. Obviously it happens to original OS as well - as written in the other post. My Vaio model is VPCEB2C5E. I have tried to google drivers, but with no luck. I will format it as soon as I get the new OS (shop new) but it might take another month or two... and I need camera!! :slight_smile:

Anything I can try? :slight_smile:

My Sony Vaio model: SVE151G11L has the same issue. Even the camera app installed in the computer does not recognize it. I had updated to windows 10, I thought that was the problem so i reseted the sistem back to windows 8.1 and the camera still doesnt respond.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jocelne_Sanches,

Is the camera recognised in Device manager under Win 8.1 -  Imaging Devices (USB2 Camera)?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

The system does not give me the imaging devices option
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Jocelne_Sanches,

There could be a hardware problem but if it is a software glitch the following may help:

Open Device Manager, locate and expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers - delete all by right clicking each item and selecting Uninstall. Shut down.

Remove the power adaptor and battery and then hold down the power button for 30 seconds.

Reattach the battery and power and reboot. Windows will reinstall the Serial Bus Controllers and hopefully the camera will be recognised and listed under Imaging Devices in Device Manager.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

I'm sorry, it didn't work either
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

In that case I would suspect a hardware problem.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat