Join now - be part of our community!

RAM Capacity in VGN-S4VP/B

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Ray--C
New

RAM Capacity in VGN-S4VP/B

Some Memort sites state that this model has a maximum RAM capacity of 1 gig and some say that it has a RAM capacity of 2gig. on opening th RAM cover, there is only 1 slot which presumably has a 1gig stick in it (as the computer records that it sees 1gig of RAM). However, I recenly dismantled nthe notebook to clean the fan exhaust and there is another slot immediatelu under the keyboard that looks like a RAM slot. Is this anything to do with RAM or is it Video (or something else).

What is the maximum rm that I can put into this model?

Thanks Ray C

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ray,

Yes the slot under the keyboard is for RAM. Have a look at your user manual (page 125 – 133)

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/S4/S4_H_EN.pdf

Max supported memory is 2GB see specifications.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-S4VP_B

Hope this helps.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Ray,

Yes the slot under the keyboard is for RAM. Have a look at your user manual (page 125 – 133)

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/S4/S4_H_EN.pdf

Max supported memory is 2GB see specifications.

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/specifications/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-S4VP_B

Hope this helps.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Ray--C
New

You are a star, thank you so much for your help.

regards ray c

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Ray :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Ray--C
New

I dont know if this is against the rules of the forum (and I appologise if it is) but I have posted another question about the possibility of increasing the size of the Hard Drive from the 60gig that comes with the machine.

Would you be able to help with that please.

Many thanks RayC