Join now - be part of our community!

problems connecting laptop to tv (newbie needs help)

profile.country.en_GB.title
Oileigh
Visitor

problems connecting laptop to tv (newbie needs help)

I am trying to connect a Toshiba laptop to a Sony Bravia tv by a HDMI lead.

for the most part this works, i can get the tv to display the same image that is on my laptop for varying amounts of time. the problem is that at random intervals the tv screen will flicker (goes black then back to computer image in less than a second, kind of like when you change channel?) and on occasion after this flicker the tv screen will reappear with a very green tint to it, computer image still visable in background.
i have checked and double checked that all wires are in the right places and connected properly does anyone know why this is happening, and more importantly any ways of fixing it?

I hope this makes sense, and thanks in advance for any help you can give this newbie!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
vettesea
Explorer

Hi

I have been having the same problem with a Dell Laptop connected to a Sony 40in Bravia.  I am using a HDMI cable but with the PC end using a DVI adaptor.

I know this should work because my previous HP laptop worked fine until the harddrive finally died.  The set up is:

Dell Latop with DVI to HDMI adaptor.

HDMI Cable to HDMI Splitter

HDMI Splitter to HD TV via HDMI

This is exactly the same set up as the HP, but with the dell every few minutes the TV will drop the signal and the screen goes black.  Only for a few seconds but long enough sometimes for the TV channel indicators to come back up making me pretty sure that the connection drops.

I am going to keep investigating but saw this post and thought I would ask if you have had any luck.

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
Oileigh
Visitor

Hi,

it does sound like we have very similar problems... as of yet i have not found a way to resolve the issue but I too am still looking. If you find any information on how to sove the problem would be great if you could let me know