Join now - be part of our community!

Lost bluetooth

Champion23
Explorer

Lost bluetooth

While updating Windows 7 my computer froze while showing "Do not switch your computer off" or similar, so I had to reboot, which messed up my graphics card.  I managed to restore the graphics card but since then I cannot use Bluetooth.  I have checked all relevant "services" and they are all working; my bluetooth switch is on and the drivers are OK without exclamation marks and all updated by Microsoft.  However in the devices there is no bluetooth icon and the network adapters do not show  bluetooth adapter.  When I start bluetooth settings and try to click on one of the attached devices I get the message "Bluetooth is not ready" and when clicking File- Options it shows me that the radio button is disabled with no option to enable!

Help?

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Champion23,

Have you checked that Bluetooth is enabled in Vaio Smart Network?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Champion23
Explorer

Thank you Rich,

Not sure what the VAIO smart network is, but the bluetooth does not appear in neither "Control Panel ->Network and Internet", nor, from it to ->"Network and Sharing Center"  They only show the computer and the router.  Bluetooth does not appear in the "Devices and Printers" either.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Champion23,

If you have not changed your OS then Vaio Smart Network shouldl be present both in the System Tray and under Network Connections in Vaio Control Center.

Are you using the original OS or have you installed a retail version?

Either way, if Vaio Smart Network is not present, then you may need to reinstall some drivers. As you haven't given your product name I can't point you in the direction of these drivers.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Champion23
Explorer

Hi Rich,

Aplogies for late reply but I have had other problems with my computer which made itr very difficult to work with it (graphics card went crazy)  I have had Windows Vista in the computer which I then upgraded with a DVD to Windows 7 Home Premium but I don't remember Vaio Smart Network was ever there.  In any case Windows 7 has been on my machine with Bluetooth Toshiba Stack for Windows  working properly for few years now until my stupid mistake of shuting down the computer while updating very recently.

I hope this helps?

Champion23
Explorer

Hi Rich,

Aplogies for late reply but I have had other problems with my computer which made itr very difficult to work with it (graphics card went crazy)  I have had Windows Vista in the computer which I then upgraded with a DVD to Windows 7 Home Premium but I don't remember Vaio Smart Network was ever there.  In any case Windows 7 has been on my machine with Bluetooth Toshiba Stack for Windows  working properly for few years now until my stupid mistake of shuting down the computer while updating very recently.

I hope this helps?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Champion23,

Vaio Smart Network would certainly have been there with the original OS but a clean install of windows can provide Bluetooth without problem but BT will be on all the time whereas VSN gives the option of turning it off.

I can only suggest that you visit the Sony support site and download and install the relevant Bluetooth drivers for your model.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat