Join now - be part of our community!

Interactive services dialog detection

SOLVED
keiwild
Explorer

Interactive services dialog detection

I keep getting messages generated by the "Interactive services dialog detection". It states "a program can't display a message on your desktop". The program is OpenMG Secure Module - Install Shield Wizard. When I click through to see the message it says "Click finish to exit the wizard". I do this and return to where I left off thinking the problem is solved. But the message just keeps on returning. Any way of stopping this? NB: I don't know what OpenMG Secure Module is, and as far as I am aware I have never used it.

My VAIO is VGC-LT2S and OS is Windows VISTA.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Keith,

To disable the Interactive Services Detection:

Click Start and type services.msc in the search field > from the result under Programs click on Services > on the Services window scroll down to ‘Interactive Services Detection’ > right click and select Properties > under ‘Startup type:’ select ‘Disabled from the drop down menu > click ‘Ok’ and then restart your computer. This will hopefully stop the annoying messages but will not, of course, solve the wider issue of the failed install.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

keiwild
Explorer

Rich

Thanks, I did this and waited to reply for a couple of days to confirm it worked, which it did. Re the failed install, I just had another look for the OpenMG Secure Module in Control Panel, Uninstall a program and it appears to have disappeared, although there is something called OpenMG Limited Patch 4.7-07-15-19-01. I may re-enable the Interactive services dialog detection later just to see if the problem has fully disappeared now. Don't really know what has been going on,but thanks very much for your help.

Keith

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi keiwild,

I can’t say that I know what is causing this but would suspect an incompatibility between Vista and the version that is trying to install. You could try uninstalling OpenMG Secure module via Control Panel > Programs and Features but as an update seems to be in progress this may not work. Just for information the OpenMG Secure Module on my Vista machine is version 5.4.00 and is dated 22/05/2013.

If an uninstall fails you could always set the status the Interactive Services Detection service that is producing the message to disabled. If you need instructions on doing this then please let us know.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
keiwild
Explorer

Rich,

Thanks for your reply. I checked and my version is 4.7.00 installed on 18/2/2011, so it appears to be old. I tried to uninstall as you suggested, but the uninstall failed as you suspected it might. I searched on the Sony website for OpenMG Secure Module and got to 

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/ep0000214219_4818

which had version 5.4.00.04020. So I downloaded this and tried to install in the hope that it might "overwrite" the malfunctioning version, but that didn't work either.

Consequently, I would like to take up your offer to supply instructions on how to disable the Interactive Services Detection service.

Keith

(my name seems to have got mangled in the registration process)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Keith,

To disable the Interactive Services Detection:

Click Start and type services.msc in the search field > from the result under Programs click on Services > on the Services window scroll down to ‘Interactive Services Detection’ > right click and select Properties > under ‘Startup type:’ select ‘Disabled from the drop down menu > click ‘Ok’ and then restart your computer. This will hopefully stop the annoying messages but will not, of course, solve the wider issue of the failed install.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
keiwild
Explorer

Rich

Thanks, I did this and waited to reply for a couple of days to confirm it worked, which it did. Re the failed install, I just had another look for the OpenMG Secure Module in Control Panel, Uninstall a program and it appears to have disappeared, although there is something called OpenMG Limited Patch 4.7-07-15-19-01. I may re-enable the Interactive services dialog detection later just to see if the problem has fully disappeared now. Don't really know what has been going on,but thanks very much for your help.

Keith

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome Keith. Good to hear that your problem seems to be solved:smileyhappy: Let us know what happens if and when you re-enable the Interactive Services Detection service.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat