Join now - be part of our community!

How to downgrade Bios?

profile.country.en_IN.title
dapatel10
Visitor

How to downgrade Bios?

I own VGN-AW11m/h. while i was upgrading from vista to windows7, i updated bios to R1054Y2. Now problem is since i have upgraded my bios i am facing problem regarding my battery when i see in task bar, it shows that my battery is charging, but even after few hours battery does not get charged. neither i can use my battery. i must plug in adapter in order to start my laptop. I believe that downgrading bios will help me. Or if you know any better solution than buying new battery.

Lucky

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
BigGuy1992
Visitor

I own a VGN-AW11M/h and I also have this same problem and also the battery levels don't seem to be accurate it drains and when you plug in the charge it shows there is more than 80% left .. so i am also looking for the older bios to test if it will fix it unless sony has an updated bios or if the problem is the bios or the battery because my battery is only 1 and a half yrs old so i don't think there is problems with it ?

P.S respond needed as soon as possible , using laptop for university .

Message was edited by: BigGuy1992

Slinn64
Visitor

Hi

In a seperate thread I've had similar battery charging problems and had to re-install the Sony VAIO Battery Checker software. Your BIOS update may mean that you also need to put back the Sony software.

Try running VAIO Care Recovery and Restore programme (from the start menu), use the Recovery option  - Reinstall Applications and Drivers – and re-installed the Battery Checker (check box option).

Perhaps first see my other reply message to see if there are any similarities

Vaio Battery does not seem to keep its charge?  (this has pasted into here as a link - if the link doesn't work try using the text to search the forum)

BigGuy1992
Visitor

hi

Thanx for your help buddy , ya well i tried installing a fresh copy of windows 7 32 bit and still the same well i figured it out my battery charge cycles are wasted. I always use my battery in the mains , for about 2 years now and i don use it much of the mains , so hence its gone and it dies on its on slowely now.

So i am getting a new battery soon and hopefully all is well.

The idea is give your battery to use its cells and charge it in order to refresh the cycles so it can be well or else the cycles get warn out and it will loose its ability to hold the charge for a long time.

But other wise thanx for the advice it would probably help me in the future if i get issues again, hopefully not.'fingers crossed'