Join now - be part of our community!

FZ21M - WLan wont connect

profile.country.en_GB.title
bhchild
Visitor

FZ21M - WLan wont connect

I was updating everything on my new notebook earlier using the WiFi and it was all fine, and while making the recovery dvds or some time around then, it disconnected and hasnt connected since, and iv tried everything to get it up.

im using a Lan connection to get it onto the internet at the moment from the host computer, but i want the Wireless back up. The little WLan button beside the bluetooth light wont light up and it just wont connect wirelessly. the computer thinks there are no networks near when u search for them, wereas earlier it found it.

How can i get the WLan connected again?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi bhchild,

is the wireless LAN enabled.?

You can check this by either..

clicking Start, then click on Control Panel.

In the Control Panel Window, under Network & Internet, click on View network Status and tasks.

In the left hand column of the Network Sharing window click on Manage Network Connections.

A new window should open.

On the tool bar, select View and select Tiles.

Then look at the Wireless Network Connection icon, under the words Wireless Network Connection does it state Disabled or Not connected.?

Or

Double click on the wireless switching utility

In the Wireless switch utility window make sure there is a tick next to Enable 2.4Ghz Wlan..

bhchild
Visitor

thanx very much :slight_smile: the second one worked, the boxes wer'nt ticked and i clicked the 2.4Ghz now its all back up. thank you very much :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

jacquis
Visitor

Sorry, on the first option of your help I cannot see any "Tiles" in VIEW on the Tool Bar.

On the second option I cannot find the Wireless Switching Utility.

Maybe my problem is WINDOWS VISTA installed on my laptop.

Please help!