Join now - be part of our community!

Can't set 1080p on Vaio VPCF22C5E when connected to TV

profile.country.en_GB.title
RipleyXL9
New

Can't set 1080p on Vaio VPCF22C5E when connected to TV

Hi

I have a [June 2011] Vaio VPCF22C5E with the Blu Ray read write disc option. It has a NVIDIA Geforce GT 540M graphics card.

I tried to set up my 40" Loewe LCD TV [full HD 1080/24p with deep colour support] via a Sony STR-DA 7100ES AVR.

It appears that I can only get 1080i - no p variant.

The tv screen [Both the desktop image and the Blu Ray film] also flashes on/off very quickly every 5 to 20 seconds and the image is slightly too big for the TV.

As an aside I was told the 7100ES AVR originally had an HDMI 'signature' of 1080i, so for e.g. when I initially connected my BDP- S5000ES Blu Ray player through the AVR,  I only got 1080i when the display resolution setting on the 5000ES was set to 'AUTO', but when I selected 1080p I got a beautiful 1080/24p with deep colour.

So what I'm looking for is the setting to choose 1080p on the Vaio, but I'm totally lost! As the screen resolution only seems to go up to 1080i, and is greyed out.  It also seems not to be using the NVIDIA settings, so I assume it's using the Windows ones??

Seems strange to provide a 1 GB graphics card and not use it.

A] will I be able to force a 1080p setting on this VAIO?

B] If yes, do I do it by selecting 'use NVIDIA settings'

C] Is the order of switch on important eg 1st TV , then AVR then PC?

D] Any edjucation on 'How HDMI component's know what the connected kit screen resolution is' would be appreciated.

Any help much appreciated, kind of worried I'll change things and not be abl to remember how to reset it if I fail.

Currently the VAIO plays internally Blu Rays perfectly with what must be a 1080/24p type resolution.

Message was edited by: RipleyXL9

Message was edited by: RipleyXL9

0 REPLIES 0