Join now - be part of our community!

Brand new Vaio frozen after Windows 7 update?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Sheechiibii
Visitor

Brand new Vaio frozen after Windows 7 update?

I bought this brand new Sony Vaio and just started it up yesterday. It was working fine and everything seemed to be perfect with it, I transferred most of my files from my desktop onto it and messed around with backgrounds and stuff before shuting it down.

Now, when I shut it down, it started to update itself (a pretty big update, there were 40 files I think). So that was fine, I left it on charge updating and went to bed. This morning when I started up my Vaio the login screen apeared and after I entered my pasword it told me it was configuring the new data and after it did that it left me with the windows seven background and a mouse and nothing else. Ctrl Alt Del does nothing, I can't figure out how to restart it as the power button only puts it to sleep.

Don't know what to do, please help.

Xx..xX

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sheechiibii,

Holding down the power button for a few seconds should shut down the notebook. Otherwise you will need to remove the power adaptor and battery to shut down.

After successfully shutting down try a normal reboot. If that fails then carry out a factory reset using the HDD recovery utility - tap F10 at boot, when you see the Vaio logo, to open the utility. You will of course have to transfer all your data again.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Sheechiibii,

Holding down the power button for a few seconds should shut down the notebook. Otherwise you will need to remove the power adaptor and battery to shut down.

After successfully shutting down try a normal reboot. If that fails then carry out a factory reset using the HDD recovery utility - tap F10 at boot, when you see the Vaio logo, to open the utility. You will of course have to transfer all your data again.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat