Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46HX853 blurry picture, hard to focus on, eye strain

profile.country.en_GB.title
Freakodeluxe
Visitor

KDL46HX853 blurry picture, hard to focus on, eye strain

Morning all,

This is my second of these sets, my 1st developed a fault which was promptly replaced by Amazon.

The issue I'm now having is that I'm struggling to focus on the picture which is causing eye strain and head aches. All my settings are as per the AV forums and I've tried tweaking various picture settings over the past week.

It doesn't matter which input I'm using SD/HD/Blu Ray. I was watching Prometheus on Blu Ray last night and it was causing me a headache. All the image sharpness goes as soon as there is a fast action scene or a fast pan scene. I had to switch the TV off.

I know its not just me as my wife is complaining of the same problem.

Is this another faulty set or is there something obvious I'm missing here? Think I'm going to have to return this set as well as I just can't watch it. Hopefully Amazon will provide a full refund as I don't think I'm going to ask for another replacement.

Regards,

Rich.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Bravia55HX

Hi,

very strange your having so many issues with your tv, to be fair even images out of the box is top notch, however you say that even after calibrating the settings as per other groups, and bear in mind that these are a guide only as no two tv's or the rooms they are in are the same.

you could try turning off ALL motion processing and most certainly refrain from using the vivid setting and give it another go.