joelippa

worst captcha implementation ever

..logging onto this website

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @joelippa,

I log in around five to seven times per day and only  get to do the image identification once per month.

Which browser do you use?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

Hi @IamNic,

I login to this website perhaps a couple of times a week and I always see the captcha following username/password input. I'm using Chromium Version 64.0.3282.167 (Official Build) Built on Ubuntu, running on LinuxMint 18.3 (64-bit) and I have the ghostery extension installed. 

If I trust this site in ghostery I can get past the captcha usually with just two checks, the first usually being something like click images with cars until all they're all gone then next click images with shop fronts. If I don't trust this site in ghostery, my record so far has been 9 separate captcha checks of repeated click the road sign images. 

Personally I call this a bug, this is easily reproducible here and I hope that my steps to reproduce should be enough to help someone fix this rubbish :innocent:

Joe

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hi @joelippa,

I use the default Google Chrome.

I have a static IP-adress to connect to my ISP and I am also logged into Chrome.

Maybe being logged in or having a static IP helps to not trigger the captcha.

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
joelippa

Hi @IamNic

Yep you could be right, that might be helping for you and it could be any number of other variables in play that are causing captcha hell on earth for me and the other people that have mentioned this elsewhere. I know for a fact that Ghostery makes this worse for me but only the guys who maintain this for Sony have a chance of determining the actual cause(s) of this problem.

I've done my bit and I refuse to debug it any further than the info that I've included in this thread. I already spend enough of my time debugging and working around the problems in the awful Android TV UX on the Sony Bravia TV that I'm unfortunate enough to be lumbered with.

I expect they'll eventually sort this miserable captcha thing out but if they don't want people to log on here, they could choose to just not fix it.

Joe