Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Z3 Waterproof ? Not mine!

SOLVED

Sony Z3 Waterproof ? Not mine!

I was a sony customer, I won't be in the future because of my experience with this phone.

While a solid handset (underrated in my opinion) with great battery, SD expansion, high res camera, premium finish, etc sony have lost me as a customer.

- Took my phone into the swimming pool on holiday in August, just like in the ads they used to promote the phone. The screen went blank immediately. Common issue (which you realize only after you google 'Sony Z3 water problem'). Phone works, screen doesn't.
- So couldn't use it for the rest of the two week holiday, but that is life. Had bought it in May so still in warranty.
- Sent it off to Sony once back (third week of August). Sony got it on the 23rd. Checked beforehand, they said just 5 days.
- They sit on it for five days. Say they are working out the problem. Decide it is broken because of a small chip on the screen, nothing to do with the water. Ask me to pay 100 pounds to repair it. I pay as I need a phone back ASAP as now back at work.
- Sony goes quiet. Stays quiet. Speak to customer service. We are 'processing'. Now the 25th of August. Still no phone. Raised the issue with a Customer service rep. No apology for keeping my phone for a month. Didn't recognize any issue with waterproofing. Said 'don't believe everything you read on the internet'.
- Bang. No longer a sony customer. Its why I'll now buy an iphone. They are less solid hardware, simplistic software, but at least Apple remember to not slap you in the face when they have screwed up.

- Recommend others with issues to join the movement to challenge sony for misleading advertising. Register your compliant with the Advertising Standards Authority.

Have others had similar issues?  It seems like a lot online, though no offical statement from sony? Bad things happen to phones all the time.  Not the end of the world.  But I am really disapointed in a company which makes great products, but can't say sorry.  I wold watch out if you are considering a Z5 - dont go near water...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Xperia, like PlayStation, have there own dedicated community so could I suggest you post your questions there as you are more likely to get better assistance on the dedicated Xperia support forum..

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi allygray,

Xperia, like PlayStation, have there own dedicated community so could I suggest you post your questions, complaint there as you are more likely to get better assistance on the dedicated Xperia support forum..

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
laslolikvidator
Explorer

Same thing happened to my Xperia M2 Aqua, but customer service got it fixed pretty fast. 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi all,

Xperia, like PlayStation, have there own dedicated community so could I suggest you post your questions there as you are more likely to get better assistance on the dedicated Xperia support forum..

allygray
New

The very same has just happened to me! took my phone on dream holiday, used it in the water 'As ADVERTISED' and BOOM! Stopped working immediately! Dead and buried! I was already disappointed with the camera / screen as you cannot see it to take photographs whilst wearing polarised sunglasses. To advertise a phone as waterproof, get me to buy one for the purpose of potentially using it in water, and then for it to fail immediately has to be in the ball park of 'miss-selling' a product! Not sure where to go with this but I'm annoyed, really annoyed! I won't be buying another Sony product in the foreseeable....thanks Sony

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi allygray,

Xperia, like PlayStation, have there own dedicated community so could I suggest you post your questions, complaint there as you are more likely to get better assistance on the dedicated Xperia support forum..

profile.country.GB.title
Knickabokaglory
Explorer

Court case won against sony w

profile.country.GB.title
Knickabokaglory
Explorer

When will sony compensate z3 customers in uk court case won in america August 2017 wish someone would push for that here as well total rip off

http://uk.pcmag.com/news/90855/sony-agrees-to-issue-refunds-over-false-xperia-waterproof-cl

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Knickabokaglory and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

You could always enquire over on the official Xperia forum Here , we don't cover phones

or their related issues on this forum.

Cheers