Join now - be part of our community!

impressively inept

praxis22
New

impressively inept

It's 2018, how can a company as big as Sony not be able to do the web properly?

It spammed me with multiple captchas, some of which randomly time out or crash. I had the entire process bork with a page not found error, forcing me to do it all again. When I finally complete it the second time with more captchas, (only different this time) then it gives me an activation mail. I click the link, and I get a page that says sorry it t didn't work try again later :slight_smile:

It's almost comically bad, like Sony never left the 90's. I only persisted as I'm registering a £4K TV

It's a fabulous screen, but the SOC is unspeakably bad, my phone is faster. The integrated Chromecast renders at 1080p and is upscaled to 4K, thank God I only need it to setup the screen. Then I socketed a Chromecast Ultra and gave that the RJ45, and sudenly I get YouTube in 4K yay!

This is only my fourth Sony Product, the first was an orginal "chunky" Betamax recorder, the Second a Video 8 recorcder, both of which were notable for being able to record copy protected videos. The Third was a electronic picture frame my mother bought me, (used once, years ago) and now the TV.

Muppetry of the highest order, Kudos!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @praxis22 :slight_smile:

Sadly the security image box has been necessary to protect your data from any attacks,

but it has been a little glitchy here and there.

Hopefully a site update  will sort it out.

profile.country.GB.title
Trevelyan
Explorer

I never seem to see any of the Recaptcha stuff now when logging in, but as you can see it still seems to work!