Join now - be part of our community!

Do I have a manufacturer fault in Sony RX199iv Cybershot

Janetyap
New

Do I have a manufacturer fault in Sony RX199iv Cybershot

Hi.

I bought the above in Auckland, New Zealand from Noel Leeming. But, the staff from Manukau Westfield  told us very clearly that they are sellers only, with no real product knowledge & that we as customers need to assemble the camera on our own.  I encountered a problem:  the camera sometimes work and sometimes not.  I went round shop hunting including Noel Leeming, Harvey Norman & Sony to help us check.  But, no one could help us remedy our problem. Every shop claimed that 'things' bought from other shops had to be returned.  Noel Leeming staff claimed that the SD card which I bought from JB Hifi was faulty.  They insisted that we buy one from their shop to test out.

Isn't this indicative that New Zealand is a bad place to buy any Sony products.  

Apparently, the Auckland Sony Repair Centre does not accept walk-in-customers who own Sony products with warranty.  I was told to pay for any repairs & they could not complete the work within 1 week.  The Auckland Sony Repair Centre only takes warranty-referrals from retailers like Noel Leeming and it also cannot guarantee a time frame to complete repairs.  As I was going for a 4 months holiday, I was told that 1 week was not adequate time to look at the 'fault'.  I had no choice but to bring a faulty camera and stop-by Singapore to get someone from Singapore Sony Repair Centre to look at my camera.  The repairs remarks were: 'LCD connection cable came loose & no display. Refitting of cable & cleaning sensor.'

My question is: is this a manufacturer fault?  But, Noel Leeming refused to accept the Singapore Sony repair comments.  It also refused to pay for the Singapore repair charge of S$50. Could someone from outside New Zealand help me to move forward with my concerns.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Sean_Mc

Hi Jane,

Welcome to the Sony Community.

It would be best to get in touch with your local Sony Support here for further advice.

Thanks,

Sean Mc