Join now - be part of our community!

Cashback farce and general disgraceful show by Sony!

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

Cashback farce and general disgraceful show by Sony!

Hi, looks like I'm the latest mug to buy Sony. I bought camera yesterday...with the ridiculous "Cashback" deal. Why even do this? All the onus is put on the purchaser to chase Sony for money. Apart from the login carry on ...that a international Company works in this way is risable. Who the hell can see those thumbnail pics on login? I'm told my request for cashback (that's the money I gave John Lewis being given back to me!!!   Why?)...is in progress.Will take 4 weeks.And if it does't arrive ...then what. Maybe we should all take Sony products back to retailers if money does not arrive before the "returns" date passes.

I think the likes of John Lewis should refuse to deal with Sony and others until this is sorted.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @iprior

There is good reason why the Sony site had to implement the 'I am not a robot' screen.

This site has been experiencing DDoS attacks (which tries to make an online service

unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic or 'bots' from multiple sources.)

In other words, without it you would probably not have a site to be able to complain on :wink:

In terms of you being unhappy about having to wait 4 weeks for cashback

unfortunately that is Sony's policy, and is not unusual amongst companies

that the process can take several weeks.

I understand you may not be happy about it but rest assured if your claim has been accepted and confirmed

then you should receive the money.

If not then you can come back to us in this thread and we can do something about it for you :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

You're welcome :beers:

Sadly thats one of the best way to stop the bots.

I often get them wrong  and end up playing them like a mobile game app. :clown:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @iprior

There is good reason why the Sony site had to implement the 'I am not a robot' screen.

This site has been experiencing DDoS attacks (which tries to make an online service

unavailable by overwhelming it with traffic or 'bots' from multiple sources.)

In other words, without it you would probably not have a site to be able to complain on :wink:

In terms of you being unhappy about having to wait 4 weeks for cashback

unfortunately that is Sony's policy, and is not unusual amongst companies

that the process can take several weeks.

I understand you may not be happy about it but rest assured if your claim has been accepted and confirmed

then you should receive the money.

If not then you can come back to us in this thread and we can do something about it for you :slight_smile:

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I understand the Bot device....just get rid of the picture quiz!

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

You're welcome :beers:

Sadly thats one of the best way to stop the bots.

I often get them wrong  and end up playing them like a mobile game app. :clown:

profile.country.GB.title
iprior
Explorer

Do I get an email to confirm payment? I have a payment...but the attached name gives no clue that it may be from Sony.