Join now - be part of our community!

Uneven surface appearance on KD55A1

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
YorkieCampo

Uneven surface appearance on KD55A1

Hi,

I'm actually now on my second KD55A1 courtesy of John Lewis' exemplary customer service due to visble dimples in the screen.

The first TV that I received had a very visble dimple just smaller than a tennis ball on the screen that clearly distorted reflections when caught in the screen.  When I spoke to John Lewis about it they just agreed to replace the TV with no quibbles.

I took delivery of the replacement TV yesterday and this actually has 2 dimples in it and when you look at the top of the frame around the TV you can see that it doesn't actually run true and appears to wave somewhat.

Is this just a characteristic of OLED panels or a manufacturing flaw? There is no distortion on the actual picture itself.

Nothing comes up when I google it and nor have I ever heard it mentioned during the numerous review articles and videos that I have encountered.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm going to try and speak to Sony UK about it this afternoon so will see what they say.

Cheers,

Ben.

20 REPLIES 20
profile.country.US.title
alastiko
Explorer

I'm having the same experience with the XBR55A9F (2018) I ordered through Amazon. Awaiting replacement in hopes the distortion/ripples are non-existant or at the least greatly minimized. Unacceptable that these unsightly defects are being introduced at the manufacturing level.