Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL40W705cbu Various Issues (I have already read the forum and tried various things)

DanG0408
Explorer

Sony KDL40W705cbu Various Issues (I have already read the forum and tried various things)

Hi all

Yesterday my new TV got delivered but it's got issue's.

Everything went fine to start with, it setup, installed the update and so on but then at the point of ‘Welcome to discovery’ the remote started to not respond and the smart graphics began to freeze.

(Note: I skipped both cable, DTV and analogue setups as nothing is plugged into it other than hdmi’s)

After patience I managed to get it onto hdmi 1.

I was getting the: 'Some applications are unavailable due to boot error, Please refer to the i-Manual for more information.'

Then the TV would randomly restart and I was getting 8 red blinks.

So after reading on here I first unplugged everything (after checking the software was up to date) reset to factory and rebooted.

Straight away I had an issue setting up when It wanted to connect to the router via wifi so I hard wired it.

It then setup ok but was still unresponsive and freezing. I was able to snap it out of it's unresponsiveness by going to the 'Sync Menu' and selecting 'use this tv control for the tv' (something along those lines).

I figured it was freezing every time I tried to get onto the smart tv feature so I put the TV's IP onto a DMZ at the router and hey presto it all worked and faster than it had all night.

I thought it was fixed until I turned it on this morning, firstly it wouldn't even turn on. The led was lit up white but nothing on the screen, even after five minutes. So after a power reset I got it running but once it was on all it's issue's had returned, freezing, unresponsive remote and restarting itself.

So is it fixable or should I get it replaced?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

My opinion is to take the tv back for an exchange.  You should not be getting so much trouble from a brand new tv.  Something is not right, especially the 8 blinks at the start.  the 8 blinks has indicates a hardware issue.

Cheers

DanG0408
Explorer

Thank You for your reply