Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KD-55A1 OLED - Random restarts and busted WiFi

profile.country.GB.title
vonman
New

Sony KD-55A1 OLED - Random restarts and busted WiFi

Hi, I have had the KD-55A1 since launch and been through all the various software updates.

Two items that seem to have developed over time are:

1. Random restarts from standby. I turn the TV on and get a black screen for a while, the TV then turns off. I press the power button on the remote and it comes alive and onto the Android loading screen before finally getting on to the home screen. This doesn't happen every time, but maybe 1 in 5 to 1 in 10 times I turn the TV on.

2. The WiFi no longer connects to my router. Nothing on the router changed when it first occurred and I even went from a BT router to a Sky router with a switch in provider and still will not connect. I have tried everything including full factory resets multiple times, switching WiFi on and off, splitting to 2Ghz and 5Ghz channels etc etc. Stuck with an Ethernet connection for now, which also strangely when turning the TV on always says "Ethernet not connected" despite me clearly getting internet connection.

Any help with above 2 items much appreciated!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Vonman, try the below for the rebooting from standby issue:

Disconnect any external devices
Next, disable BRAVIA Sync. Press the HOME button on the remote control and select
[Settings] → [Watching TV] → [External Inputs] → [BRAVIA Sync settings] → [BRAVIA Sync control] → toggle the switch [OFF]

Regarding the second issue, does your TV see any other networks? Did you try a personal hotspot?