Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KDL-32W705C no audio

profile.country.GB.title
RossTronTriton
New

Sony Bravia KDL-32W705C no audio

We have two Bravia KDL-32W705C TVs in radio studios. They are both not playing any audio from the headphone jack. One is able to play audio from the TV speakers and the other does not play audio from the speakers at all.

They plug into the studio mixing desks through routing back to the rack room, to be listened to by the presenters.

At first I noticed a buzzing on the TV's desk channels in both studios, and both TVs were playing audio from the TV speakers with the jack lead unplugged. I checked the audio connections back to the rack room with a phone plugged in. The cables are all working.

When I plug the jack cable into both TVs, the audio stops from the speakers. I can hear quiet noise through the desk channels which isn't present when the cable's unplugged. I tested the signal from the jack lead with a signal tester through one of the patch points in the studio. When the jack lead is not plugged in, there is about -52 dBu of noise. When it is plugged in, there is about -50 dBu of noise. It appears that the headphone jack hardware is outputting something but not getting programme audio sent to it.

I wanted to correct any potential firmware issues which could affect any communication in the TV. I factory-reset both TVs and auto-scanned the satellite feed coming into them. The video was restored. The headphone jack still did not work. At this point, audio from the TV speakers on the studio 1 TV stopped completely.

I ran a software update on both TVs with a USB stick, to version 3.006. This made no difference. I could not find any other useful pointers in the troubleshooting.

Are there any other checks which I am not doing?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi,

Did you check the option of Speaker/headphone link, this should be ON.

Home-settings-AV setup/ speaker headphone link.