Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia KD-55X89J, Apple TV App not working

SOLVED
profile.country.DK.title
Cephsus
New

Sony Bravia KD-55X89J, Apple TV App not working

Hello. So i just bought Sony Bravia X89J and everything is working except Apple TV app.

Everytime i hit the login on the Apple TV app it just loops with a loading circle and a grey background.

Iv tried:
Unplug TV, 60 seconds

Unplug Internet, tried wifi and ethernet (cable)

Resert Apple TV App (reinstall, clear cache etc)

Checked for updates, tv firmware is up to date, the app is up to date.

Tried the previous version of Atv and allowed me to the login process but said "verification failed".

Accepted Privacy settings on the Sony TV, seen it mention but changes nothing for the app.

I do not own any Apple product so i cant mirror it or anything of that sort. Anyone got an ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.DK.title
Cephsus
New

Well, i sorta fixed it by myself. And if anyone wanna try what i did, i did this. 

I installed the Apple TV 4.1 apk using a USB:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple/apple-tv-android-tv-2/apple-tv-android-tv-2-4-1-release/

First you need to install File Commander app, search your TVs App store for this. Then just plug in the USB with apk, click the Apple TV apk and install it with File Commander. Voila.

So im guessing something in Apple TV app version 5.1 is bugging out on Sony TV, or vice versa. Either way this worked for me.

Please note, this is for Android OS tv

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DK.title
Cephsus
New

Well, i sorta fixed it by myself. And if anyone wanna try what i did, i did this. 

I installed the Apple TV 4.1 apk using a USB:

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/apple/apple-tv-android-tv-2/apple-tv-android-tv-2-4-1-release/

First you need to install File Commander app, search your TVs App store for this. Then just plug in the USB with apk, click the Apple TV apk and install it with File Commander. Voila.

So im guessing something in Apple TV app version 5.1 is bugging out on Sony TV, or vice versa. Either way this worked for me.

Please note, this is for Android OS tv

profile.country.GB.title
Bat_Rick
New

Hi Cephus,

Thank you for sharing this info with us, really helpful.